Friday, May 31, 2024

Joe Manchin Protests Democratic Party Extremism by Changing Party Affiliation

 
Jim Hᴏft, "JUST IN:Joe Manchin has Left the Democratic Party in Wake of Trump Guilty Verdict"

Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia has officially left the Democratic Party, announcing his departure just one day after the controversial guilty verdict in former President Donald Trump’s trial

On Friday, Manchin, who is not seeking re-election, announced that he changed his party affiliation at the West Virginia State Capitol.

He explained that his decision was motivated by his criticism of both major parties for what he sees as “partisan extremism,” which he believes is harmful to American democracy.

“From my first day in public service in 1982, I have always focused on doing what’s best for my state and my country, without regard to party or politics. Throughout my days in elected office, I have always been proud of my commitment to common sense, bipartisanship and my desire to bring people together. It’s who I am. It’s who I will always be. I have never seen America through a partisan lens,” Manchin said in a statement.

“However, since becoming a United States Senator in 2010, I have seen both the Democrat and Republican parties leave West Virginia and our country behind for partisan extremism while jeopardizing our democracy. Today, our national politics are broken and neither party is willing to compromise to find common ground. To stay true to myself and remain committed to put country before party, I have decided to register as an independent with no party affiliation and continue to fight for America’s sensible majority,” he added.

Manchin then shared a post on X showing himself registering as an independent.

“My commitment to do everything I can to bring our country together has led me to register as an independent with no party affiliation,” the senator wrote on X.

In 2022, after Arizona Senator Sinema changed her registration from Democrat to Independent, people were asking West Virginia Senator Manchin if he’d do the same.

“I’m not a Washington Democrat. I don’t know what else to tell you. … And if a Washington independent is — we’ll see what happens there. We’ll have to look. People are registering more for independent than any other party affiliation, they are sick and tired of it,” Manchin said at the time.

Although Manchin announced his departure from the Democratic Party, he said he would neither seek re-election to the Senate nor pursue a presidential bid.

“After months of deliberation and long conversations with my family, I believe in my heart of hearts that I have accomplished what I set out to do for West Virginia. I have made one of the toughest decisions of my life and decided that I will not be running for re-election to the United States Senate,” Manchin said in a statement last year.

“But what I will be doing is traveling the country and speaking out to see if there is an interest in creating a movement to mobilize the middle and bring Americans together.

15 comments:

Dervish Sanders said...

What a Turd.

Rattrapper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rattrapper said...

🔺Says the spawn of Satan🔺

Rattrapper said...

I deleted the above comment because it was a duplicate of my response to Dervish, which I meant to put in a reply to his stupid retort.

Manchin got tired of the stench from the commietards left wing extremist whackjobs ruining his Party, the farts whom Dervish slobbers over and licks up. I hand it to Manchin for delivering a heel kick to the jackasses screwing him over.

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

Dervy does make a pretty good Party jackboot.

Anonymous said...

Stomping into its own face? ;-P

Joe Conservative said...

Nope, just his descendants.

Dervish Sanders said...

They're f*cked thanks to people like you. You are stomping their faces. As well as your own descendents faces.

Joe Conservative said...

I'm only a scab Republican (registered Independent), Dervy. Your a permament political sychophant.

The Prophet Dervish Z Sanders said...

Mystere: This comment has been removed by the author.

Mystere: Says the spawn of Satan.

Apparently a "span of Satan" said "This comment has been removed by the author".

But that is your comment. So, you're confessing to be a "spawn of Satan", Mystere?

If you say so. That definitely sounds believable.

Minus: Your a permament political sychophant.

Definitely not. I'd have to move to a Blue state. republiturds here aren't doing anything for me.

Joe Conservative said...

Gee ,maybe you should move the People's Republic of Maryland where I live and the last 3 Baltimore City Mayors have been thrown out for corruption along with the last DA.

Joe Conservative said...

Nancy Pelosi's dad and brother had both been Baltimore mayors. The family that steals together, squeals together.

The Prophet Dervish Z Sanders said...

"The family that steals together, squeals together"? Does that mean that Don Jr, Eric and Ivana Jr are going to be charged, then squeal on their father for lighter sentences?

Anonymous said...

If your DEMN crowd will decide to cosplay Stalinists even further. ;-P

With introducing "enemy of the people" and "family of enemy of the people" nominations.

You'll be happy, isn't it????

The Prophet Dervish Z Sanders said...

You're talking to Minus? Asking about republiturd's desire to see Joe Biden, his brother and his son jailed? Yeah, I bet that would make him very happy.

btw, I linked to a page that says what crimes they were suspected of. This was in regards to crimes they could have been charged with BEFORE donald tRump became president. Regardless, now EVERYTHING he has ever done (all crimes at any time) can NOT be prosecuted. Because (in your delusions) running for public office gives a politician (and their family) a free pass on ALL future crimes. Also all past crimes.

A murder (who murdered tens of people in the past) could run for public office (while continuing to murder) but (under your moronic "rules") NEVER be held to account. Because that would be "political persecution".