Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Means and Ends. Property as the "means" for achieving "happiness" and thereby securing the end goal of "happiness".

Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act IV, Sc. iv)
How all occasions do inform against me
And spur my dull revenge. What is a man
If his chief good and market of his time
Be but to sleep and feed? A beast, no more.
Sure He that made us with such large discourse,
Looking before and after, gave us not
That capability and godlike reason
To fust in us unused. Now whether it be
Bestial oblivion or some craven scruple
Of thinking too precisely on th’ event
(A thought which, quartered, hath but one part
wisdom
And ever three parts coward), I do not know
Why yet I live to say “This thing’s to do,”
Sith I have cause, and will, and strength, and means
To do ’t.

4 comments:

Rattrapper said...

Great post Joe Conservative!

Anonymous said...

∆suck up∆

I doubt Mystere watched the video.

Rattrapper said...

🔺Fake comment from Fake Dervish Sanders🔺

Anonymous said...

🔺 Mystere faked a comment from "Rattrapper"🔺