Saturday, October 9, 2010

I've Never Felt Uncomfortable at a Tea Party Rally...

from The Dagger

From Harford County Republican Central Committee member Frank Dupree:

My name is Frank, and I am a Republican. I have attended numerous tea parties over the past 18 months and I am very excited about the upcoming elections.

I would like to thank the voters of Harford County for electing me to the Republican Central Committee because I think we can really take advantage of the resurgence of conservative values to get the Maryland tax-and-spend situation under control.

And while I have your attention, I would like to point out that I am proud to be a home schooler, proud to be a Christian, proud to live in Aberdeen, and proud to be an American of African descent. Contrary to news reports, I have never felt uncomfortable at a Tea Party or republican club meeting. I signed the Liberty Pledge to secure freedom for all Marylanders, and I was proud to have my photo on the literature we mailed and passed out at the polls.

There are many black Republicans seeking Congressional seats in the US: 12 of them, all impressive in their own ways. In Maryland, we even have a former Marine Major in Charles Lollar, challenging Steny Hoyer for the MD-5 seat.

This is a great opportunity for us to look past race and start looking at principles. I support candidates who care about job creation, fair taxes, and economic prosperity. I support candidates that put community, family, and God above government.

Consider what you stand for, and consider voting Republican this year.

Frank A. Dupree
Aberdeen, MD.

5 comments:

Z said...

Joe, this almost brought tears to my eyes. THIS is what AMerica's all about...what an amazing man Mr. Dupree is. We need 300 million just like him and I thank you so much for posting this. I"m going to link to it right now in my latest post.
THANKS.xx

Joe Conservative said...

Thanks for spreading the word, Z. Harford County, MD, is a conservative bastion in the bluest of states, yet conservative principles, love of G_d and country, transcend race. We can only hope that one day they'll transcend politics throughout the REST of the our Old Line State as well.

christian soldier said...

Hello - Frank-it is great to meet you--
Homeschooled my off-spring -starting 26 years ago--to acceptance to an Academy...
so - it works-
and also-self studied our founding-became a conservative - pro lifer (founder-Pres. of LA Lutherans for Life)and former Pres of a RWF chapter...

If you would care to give me the list of your favored candidates-I will add them to my list of very few-whom I trust...

Carol-CS

Joe Conservative said...

Sorry, CS

but I'm not Frank, this is merely a re-post of his letter in the Dagger.

You can contact Frank here.

Joe Conservative said...

...or possibly here... or eventually at the Harford County GOP site (the link is in my "Political Links").