Sunday, July 19, 2026

Preach it, My Sister...

...on Neo-Racism (because Race is what is Essential to any Racist Group Identity, especially one that shrouds itself in victimhood)

If every last vestige of white racism were to disappear from the face of the Earth tomorrow, would blacks even know?  What would it do to black solidarity?  

My suspicion is "nothing".  It has become the "essence" of black culture, even if it is no longer the essence of black experience.  Much as Jewish historical persecution remains the essence of Zionism and European/ American support for Israel.  Jews are certainly no one's "victims" in the Middle East today, but the mythology of their anti-semitic motivated victimology remains a centerpiece of their Jewish identity today.

9 comments:

Professor Dervish Z Sanders... Prophet. Distinguished And Esteemed Judge. Unpublished Author said...

"Neo racism" as a term for anything that occurs in America is White Supremacist BS. And many politicians (and other people) have used code switching to make an audience feel like the person speaking is speaking "to them" and understands their situation. That's nothing new at all. Whites do it as well. It's complete balderdash for you to suggest that this is unique to the (imaginary) "neo-racist" category of speaker (aka minority Democratic politicians). What I've heard is that donald trump intentionally misspells words in tweets to make it appear as though he is "one of the common folk" (when he wouldn't need to, due to built in platform spell checkers).

Joe Conservative said...

I'll take your reasoning to heart when I present my next Minstrel Show.

Joe Conservative said...

I promise, the "cake walk" will be absolutely spectacular!

Joe Conservative said...

btw - Speaking in "code" isn't racist anymore? Who knew?

Joe Conservative said...

Sincerity... Authenticity... Profilicity. Which speaker in the preceding 3 Identity categories speaks in "code" or performatively switches "code"?

Joe Conservative said...

...but then I am sure that AoC is "genuinely pretending" to be black. Just like Kamala.

Joe Conservative said...

I like Barack Obama. He spoke almost exclusively to American audiences in white supremacist code.

Joe Conservative said...

... as Joe Biden referred to Obama in 2007 as. "I..."the first mainstream African-American who is articulate, bright, and clean".

Professor Dervish Z Sanders... Prophet. Distinguished And Esteemed Judge. Unpublished Author said...

I say you should go for it. In regards to your minstrel show, I mean. I'm sure everyone at the local chapter of the KKK will love it. If there isn't a local chapter of the KKK where you live, you should start one. You could call it a "race non essentialist klan".

Barack Obama never spoke in "White Supremacist Code". Not "almost exclusively" -- NEVER. He spoke (and still speaks) like a highly educated and extremely intelligent person, because that's what he is. You think that's "White" due to being a racist.